From preppy to punk, style was everything and could involve wearing just about anything — from the hats we wore on our heads to the legwarmers we wrapped around our ankles.
80s fashion was busy and bright, fun and fierce, and like everything else in the 80s, it was larger than life.
What do you know about 80s fashion? Find out by taking on this 80s trivia challenge.
Are you an 80s fashion maven or an 80s fashion failure? Answer each of the questions below, then scroll down to check your answers.
1. 80s fashion was:
D. All of the above
2.True or False:
Dancewear became popular as streetwear during the 80s
3. 80s hair (and especially the bangs) was always worn:
A. Slicked back
B. Loose and messy
C. Big with lots of hairspray
D. Short and cropped
4. In the 80s, it was popular to:
A. Keep it simple – very few accessories and hardly any jewelry
B. Dress up your wardrobe with tons and tons of 80s accessories
C. Wear nice, classy jewelry
D. Put your jeans on inside out
5. One pair of 80s shoes made our feet stink and kept breaking:
B. Thigh-high boots
C. Jelly shoes
6. To get your 80s hair out of your face, you might opt for:
A. Shaving it all off
B. A side ponytail
D. French twist
7. Celebrities have always started fashion trends. In the 80s:
A. Tom Cruise made Ray-Bans popular
B. Madonna made hoop skirts popular
C. Prince made baseball caps popular
D. Molly Ringwald made t-shirts popular
8. True or False:
In the 80s, accessories like hats and gloves were forbidden!
9. Popular 80s fashion trends included:
A. T-shirts worn under spaghetti-strapped sundresses
B. Oversized shirts
C. Bell bottoms
D. Floor-length skirts
10. Who was an 80s fashion icon?
A. Coco Chanel
C. Margaret Thatcher
D. Ronald Reagan
80s Fashion Trivia Answers
1. (D) 2. (True) 3. (C) 4. (B) 5. (C) 6. (B) 7. (A) 8. (False) 9. (B) 10. (B)